Every child deserves the best possible start in life and support to reach their full potential. A child’s experience in the early years has a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right, and it provides the foundation for children to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up. When parents choose to use early years services they want to know the provision will keep their children safe and help them to thrive. The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is the framework that provides that assurance
There are seven areas of learning and development that shape thw educational provision in Early Years settings. All areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected. Three areas are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and for building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive. In the Nursery provision for 2 year olds is focussed on the prime areas of learning.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development – making relationships, managing feelings & behaviour and self-confidence & self-awareness
- Communication and Language – listening & attention, understanding and speaking
- Physical Development – moving & handling and health & self-care
- Literacy – reading and writing
- Mathematics – number and shape, space & measure
- Knowledge of the world – understanding the world, technology and people & communities
- Expressive arts and design – using & exploring materials and being imaginative
We deliver learning for all of the areas through, purposeful play and learning experiences, through child- initiated activities. Children’s play reflects their wide ranging and varied interests and preoccupations.
Please see the Nursery long term plan below.
Termly newsletters are also below, detailing what the children will be learning each term.